The lovely Ellen from Babies, Biscuits & Booze (three of my favourite things, incidentally) has nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers tag.
It’s pretty simple – you answer the 10 questions set by the person who nominated you, and then nominate 5 other bloggers to answer your own set of questions.
- As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
An author. I wrote my first book when I was four or five, which mostly consisted of badly-drawn pictures of a cat accompanied by the words, “I am a cat.” I didn’t really have a grasp of ‘plot’ or ‘character development’ yet.
- Which song cheers you up when you’ve had a crap day?
Stayin’ Alive by the Bee Gees. I know it’s a very uncool song to love so wholeheartedly, but I have a soft spot for this high-pitched disco hit.
- What’s your favourite book?
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. This book changed the way that I write forever. I wrote about it in my Liebster Award post.
- Is there anything you wish someone had told you before you had kids?
Your baby won’t sleep for the first 12 months.
Actually, I’m glad no one told me that, or I might have seriously reconsidered this whole motherhood thing.
I wish someone had told me that all of the worst things are ‘just a phase’. The Popple has gone through a number of terrible phases that I thought would never end, including:
- Needing to pull on my hair in order to fall asleep at night (and waking up whenever I extracted my hair from her fists)
- Breastfeeding every 1 ½-2 hours all day and ALL NIGHT
- Refusing to nap anywhere but the pram, thus forcing me to walk several hours a day in all the weathers
- Throwing every piece of food that I offered her on the floor
- Screaming every time I left the room
And you know what? They DID end. Right now I’m eagerly looking forward to the end of the throwing-herself-on-the-floor-and-crying-hysterically-if-I-don’t-give-her-what-she-wants-even-if-it’s-something-really-stupid-like-a-gas-lighter phase.
- You can only eat one food for the rest of your life – what are you picking?
CHEESE. I’d be bloated and gassy all the time, but it would totally be worth it.
- What’s the best thing about being a blogger?
The parent blogging community, for sure. It’s great to be part of a group of smart, funny and intelligent people who support each other, offer advice and share each other’s successes.
- What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?
I’m big into American high school dramas, even though I’m well into my 30s. Veronica Mars. Pretty Little Liars. Dawson’s Creek. I’m well overdue for a V-Mars re-watch.
- When’s the last time you saw live music or a show and what was it?
The last show I watched was Book of Mormon when I was pregnant and it was AMAZING. I don’t see myself getting to a West End show again anytime soon.
- Which blog should we all be reading?
There are so many great blogs to choose from, but I have to go with the brilliant Agent Spitback, because there’s no one else quite like her in the blogosphere.
- Shots are on me – tequila, sambuca or jägerbombs?
Hit me with tequila. This should end well.
Laura – Adventures with J
Rachel – Rachel Bustin
Zoe – Petite Pudding
Sarah – Mum and Mor
Louise – Little Hearts Big Love
And here are my questions:
- You have a full day to yourself – what do you do?
- What is your weirdest habit?
- What has been your most embarrassing parenting moment?
- What do you think is the most difficult thing about blogging?
- Which film have you watched the most number of times?
- What do you think is the biggest issue facing mothers today?
- When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What’s your big fat hairy audacious goal for your blog?
- Tea or coffee?